Painless SOLAS VGM Compliance from Trade Tech
The solution is Syrinx e-Shipping Portal ⇒
Industry Changes Are Coming. Are You Prepared?
As of July 1, 2016, the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) convention requires verified gross mass (VGM) to be submitted for all containers. This is a tremendous change for the international container shipping industry. The VGM is the total weight of the cargo being shipped, the weight of any dunnage and packing materials plus the tare weight of the container.
Have you begun preparing your business to handle these changes? If not, your business is at great risk of losing time, money and resources. You are also putting your business in the position to fall behind your competitors. You need to adopt a solution now that enables you to meet these industry changes before they become enforced and slow your efficiency.
Trade Tech’s Syrinx e-Shipping Portal (Syrinx) gives your business the real-time communication, data sharing and workflow management it needs to succeed and stay ahead of the industry and prepared for pending market changes.
Syrinx is the solution you need to succeed by providing you the following benefits:
• Centralized communications platform that connects all relevant parties in the supply chain, no matter the location.
• Secure access from any computer, tablet or smartphone.
• Flexible, collaborative workflow environment that allows shippers to customize workflows and assign tasks based on the shipment.
• Greater shipment visibility that helps terminal operators obtain the information they need to schedule delivery appointments.
• Real-time, shared data repository that is accessible data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
For more information about the SOLAS VGM requirement, click here to read our free VGM Fact Sheet.
To learn how Syrinx e-Shipping Portal can help you prepare, click here for our free e-brochure.